1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting Brackets

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by fishinRI13, Oct 23, 2011.

1. fishinRI13

fishinRI13 Senior Member
    from RI

Hey guys, I just bought a bar light for in the back window of my truck. What are my mounting options for this? I don't want to permanently mount it though because I am selling my truck after this season. What are my options? The guy I bought it from said that the suction cups suck, have you guys found any other mounts that aren't permanent? Thanks for the help.
    Mike

2. fishinRI13

fishinRI13 Senior Member
    from RI

Ok well anyone with a ford have one of these? How about any pictures of it mounted? I would love to see them, i need some ideas...

3. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Maybe u can hang it on a gun rack

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I have a 04 Sierra. I took the back to push in headliner buttons (i guess they are called) out and then took out my third break light and installed 2 bolts from inside the roof down into the cab where the hole for those buttons went. Then had a helper hold the light up in place and started threading the buts onto the bolts. I put a wrench inside the opening from the third break light and had my helper tighten everything down. I then reinstalled the third break light. Honestly the whole process took about a half hour to install on my truck. Pics can be seen in link in my sig below labeled my ebling. Go to page 2 and its post 32. I installed stainless caps on the ends of the bolts to dress it up a bit. It looks real nice. Wiring was kinda messy when the pic was taken as I just had everything hooked up. It has now since been cleaned up.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  5. fishinRI13

fishinRI13 Senior Member
    from RI

hmmm...ok ill have to look into that, hows the flashback off the window?

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

No flash back at all. I cut the wind shield visor flash with the light heads before installing it.

7. fishinRI13

fishinRI13 Senior Member
    from RI

Ok, when it comes in I am going to give that a try with the brackets and see what I can do, thanks for the idea!