1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting Brackets For Extra Reverse Lights

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DeereFarmer, May 19, 2007.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I came acroos these and thought that they were really cool. No drilling and for $80 for the pair, they arn't that bad of a deal. I'm going to get a set once I figure out if I'm getting a new truck or not. I figured some of you guys would like these.

2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

It sure beats bolting it to your bumper. I wonder if it will fit all hitches ?
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

You'd probably bend the bracket since hitting the lights is almost unavoidable. Ide prefer to have them on my bumper and just break the lights then to have them there and bend the sh*t out of an $80 set of brackets.

edit...the site says $52 for the pair not $80, either way, i still wouldn't do it
  4. dRam2500CT

dRam2500CT Member
    from USA

hmmm that looks pretty cool, they have some for the bumper of a dodge ram as well, too bad I already drilled some holes. Maybe when/if I break them, ill buy these brackets.
  5. DeereFarmer

I'd like to seem them mounted on a truck from behind and see how low they hang. I guess they arn't supposed to be any lower than the trailer hitch. I still think on top of the rear bumper or a headache rack is the best place to mount lights for plowing.
  6. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I wonder how good this works. I looked at this last year but ended up buying the back up lights and bolting them to my bumper.

7. DeereFarmer

I've thought about that night buster too. For the price it is probably worth a try, but you get what you pay for. I decided against becuase I would want back up lights for hooking up trailers and seeing that the night buster plugs int the trailer light package it wouldn't work for me.