1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting Bracket question for mini light bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by blackDiesel, Sep 22, 2010.

1. blackDiesel

blackDiesel Member

I have a SoundOff Mini Pinnacle on the way. I'd like to mount it on my back rack. I found a mount made my back rack that center mounts to the rack and it measures at 16"x 7". The light 14.25" X 8.27". Is this mount going to work? Anyone run this light bar on their back rack? if so how did you mount it? thanks a lot!

2. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

I mounted Responder on the same mounting plate. It is a bit narrower, so I placed it flush to the front, and left a 1/4 lip to the rear. I also had to drill new screw holes in the plate, as the existing ones did not match the light.

So anyway, you should be allright with the way it is. Or you could outline the base of the light on the plate, and grind the mounting plate to fit. Don't forget to prime and paint the bare metal if you do grind it to fit.

Just my .02

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010