1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mounting bracket hieght, 04 2500HD

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by calhoun, Feb 10, 2004.

1. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

Hi,
    Shopping for a new plow for my new GMC 2500HD. I am currently using a chevy 97 K3500. The lowest part of my fisher MM is 13" off the ground.

It seems all the mounting hardware (the stuff that stays on the truck) is a lot lower on the new trucks.

I parked next to a new 2500HD with a newly installed MM, and his mount was only 8" off the ground. (plow off each vehicle).

Could I get some off you, with different brand plows, mounted on a 03/04 chev/gmc 2500HD, to post the ground clearence to the lowest point on the mount. (plow not on truck)?

I also looked at Myers and they seemed lower but there was no other truck there for comparison.

Thanks

2. DJL

DJL Senior Member

I don't have time to measure but I have an '04 2500HD and forgot to remove the brackets from my western ultramount. Needless to say I caught the bumper curb when pulling in somewhere for lunch. I don't think those things are above 6". I have now taken the time to remove them. I no longer hit the bumper curb.