1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting an old western plow to a skid steer

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Spearfish, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Spearfish

Spearfish Junior Member

Has any one mounted a olld Western Snow Plow to a skid steer. The plow I have was made probably in the early 80's and has just been setting around. The plow it self is in excellent shape and the hydlalics appear to be in good condition. Would appricate any advise anyone has. And if there is a major problem with compatibility, I would like to know before I start.
    Thanks for your help
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

we have a 10' meyers and a blizzard speedwing, the meyers has a plate that uses the factory pins. the speedwing is just welded straight to the skid plate
  3. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I've done a number of them. They hold up OK, but the main one I use on my bigger skid has been highly modified, and I still run into some reliability issues from pushing it too hard. I would suggest a cross-over relief valve, flow restrictors, and a chain lift to keep it more reliable.

As for ease of installation, it doesn't get much easier than this: