1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting Accessories to Fisher Push Plate in the Off Season

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Newton, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Newton

Newton Junior Member

Hi All,

Great site! I am learning a ton.

I would like to mount a brush bar with a winch to my fisher push plates when the plow is off. Is there a source for the (plow side) brackets without having to buy the whole plow frame.

I know Fisher makes a bar that bolts on to the mounts. These appear to be bolt on. I would like to maintain the quick attach system so I can go from the plow to the winch quickly and without tools.

Are there any companies that make a winch mount for a Fisher Minute Mount system?

Thanks for any help or suggestion you may have.
  2. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

Let me know if you come up with something made commercially. I haven't been able to find anything...

Personally I'd like something more rugged than Fisher's pro-tube (it's held on by u-bolts) but with a 2" receiver to use a multi-mount winch and mount some lights.

I have seen a guy that had an old MM1 headgear setup with the uprights cut off just above the horizontal bar. It looked good and would have probably held a winch.
    I have no idea where to find a "junk" MM1 headgear assembly to modify in my area. Anyone know where I can get one around L/A in Maine?
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  3. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

There is a large MM salvage yard right in Auburn. Grab an Uncle Henry's, there is a bold ad in the "truck accessories" section. The guy buys and sells MM plow equipment.
    Sorry to derail....
  4. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

Found this lower half of a MM1 on eBay, it is item#220532735767.

PS, ZR- I did find one from the plowguy in auburn, he wants $250 though.
  5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

The guy I bought my pushplates from actually did this to his truck- he had a 2004-2008 Style F150. He used the lower half of the plow frame with the Pin's in it. He bolted his winch to the topside and also mounted the upper half of a brush/headlight guard to it as well. Was a real slick setup that he used all the time for hunting.
  6. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

I just throw a couple shackles on mine...Since I lost my tow hooks
  7. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

8. turbok1500z71

turbok1500z71 Junior Member

I actually made one down here in scarborough, I managed to grab a headgear frame from a mm2 xtreme-v. I just cut the frame about flush with the hood line with my 1995 chevy pick-up then I welded a good piece if angle iron on the top. I the grinded all of the brackets and whatnot off. the space where the pump once stood will actually support a 8k winch, but I would highly recommend welding a winch plate to ensure that there is enough room depth wise I took some spare angle iron and boxed in two spots on the top cross member and added a set of piaa offroad lights, and even with the lights on the inside of the tubes the winch would fit. I will add pictures in a few hours