1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting a Yellow strobe on a Jeep ??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 97Wrangler, Dec 4, 2003.

1. 97Wrangler

97Wrangler Junior Member

Does anyone know what the best way to mount a yellow warning strobe on a Jeep Wrangler without drilling through the fiberglass top.
  2. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

I used a tall "L" shaped bar that went into my receiver hitch and extended above my roof, with a flat platform to bolt the light to. I ran the wires through the rear window zipper and just plugged it into the cigarette lighter to turn it on.
  3. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

This isn't my rig, it belongs to another member at www.jeepsunlimited.com

It looks like he has it mounted with the windshield hinge bolts.

4. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

Here's another:

5. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

There are strobes out there that are attached to the roof by suction cups. They're easy to remove when you not plowing in the winter. We have them on both trucks at work.
  6. Michaelbetzel

Michaelbetzel Junior Member

i know they make some strobes that are magnetic, I understand it is fiberglass, so maybe you could get a large magnet for the inside and just clamp them to the fiberglass
  7. jeepboy

jeepboy Member

I don't have a pic but my buddy welded up a bracket that mounts to the tire carrier where the bolts hold the tire on. He made it llike a vertical reciever hitch. When he goes out to plow he slides it in the bracket and plugs in the wires.I thought it was a good idea!
  8. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Mounted on one Thule ski rack. Marine grade cable between hardtop and windshield frame.

Any light bar (usually for off-road lights) made for a Wrangler would work well too. I do not like the ones that require drilling into the windshield frame, but there are some that bolt to the hinges and loop around the glass.

-John :cool:
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2003