1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting a western or boss on a 2006 Dodge Power Wagon

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BIGMIKE, Dec 10, 2011.

BIGMIKE Junior Member
    from OHIO

Does anybody out there know how to mount a western or boss truck mounts on a 2006 Dodge Power Wagon?
  2. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

umm yea, bolt them on??? just get 03-07 dodge mounts and follow the directions

BIGMIKE Junior Member
    from OHIO

Mounts will not bolt up. There is a factory warn winch plus frame goes into bumper on a dodge power wagon
  4. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

then i'd suppose you;d have to take that off if you want to use commerically made mounts, or take it to a fabricator.
  5. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Show us a pic, it may help figure it out. Also, I just want to see it, those are cool trucks.
  6. Jersey Push

Jersey Push Junior Member

I just mounted my Boss on a 04' 2500 dodge 5.9 that i just bought. It isn't a Power Wagon but if it helps the mount didn't line up with any holes. It was recomended to drill all of the holes through the truck frame. (What a B***h) All of the holes had to be 3/4" It took me like 8 hours to do everthing. One of the hardest things was putting the bolts through the bumper. Not sure how that would work with the winch? I did see a picture of a Power Wagon on this site. Some where Good Luck.
  7. mansfield

mansfield Junior Member

I have an 06 power wagon quad cab and am running into the same old crap. We can put a man on the moon, shoot a gun over 2 miles accurately, but can't attach a simple plow mount to my truck!!

I have heard a lot of stories involving grinding, machining and drilling, but I have also heard that there are some stock plow mounts that can fit. I just need to know the best one to buy for the least amount of work.

Any help?

There was a thread with [photos but I can't seem to find it anymore.

8. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Did you take the bumper off? Makes it a million times easier.

And step drill bits

BIGMIKE Junior Member
    from OHIO

This the Power Wagon ... 2006

IMG_0069 (960x720) (2) (960x720).jpg
  10. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

No plow applications exist for 2006 Dodge 2500 Power Wagon. Due to an FGAWR of only 4500 lbs, there is not enough reserve capacity on the front end to carry the weight of any BOSS snowplow. Select a different truck?

View attachment untitled (Small).bmp

BIGMIKE Junior Member
    from OHIO

Well I did go to a Boss dealer that isn't to far from me and they said They can modify the brackets to make it fit on the Power Wagon and make it work. :mechanic:
  12. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

From what I've heard you cannot put a plow on a Power Wagon.
  13. wislxer

wislxer Member

I realize we somehow resurrected a thread from 2011 but still this has been discussed ad nauseam here:

and here:

and those were just some of the ones that came up in THE FIRST TWO PAGES of the three pages of threads that come up when you simply type 'dodge power wagon' into a search. Come on everyone this is EXACTLY why the search function is there.

Wow BigMike you're back to respond to the thread you started in 2011 with one of the only 4 posts you've ever put on PS?!?! And I thought I was a dedicated lurker!
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014

BIGMIKE Junior Member
    from OHIO

lol Yea I got an email saying someone replied to the thread :p ...