1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting a V box spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SnowJersey, Dec 6, 2010.

1. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

We have a air flo spreader for our f550. The problem is that we don't really have a place to mount it. There aren't any "D" rings in the dump bed so its hard to strap it down.

last year we had the straps basically run over the sides and we were able to hook them under the dump bed but they never stayed.

What are you guys using to mount these or what are you hooking the straps to?
    Pictures would be a plus also

2. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

Just weld chain link in/on the sides. I'll get you a pic

3. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

IMG_0604.jpg here's that pic

IMG_0604.jpg

4. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

Or just got to a trailer store and order the right d-rings, and weld to inside of dump body that way they can be used year round

5. Stan

Stan Senior Member

I drilled 1/2 holes on the outer lower corners in the front of the bed. Used galvanized threaded hooks from home depot. You may also opt for the front of the bed if your worried about cosmetics but make sure you don't use long hooks for obvious reasons.
    In the back I just wrapped a chain through the tailgate hooks in the back. Have not had a problem.

6. paponte

paponte Senior Member

We weld D rings in all of our dumps. I don't like the idea of straps holding that much weight at all.

7. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

8. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We weld D rings and use chain binders, don't like the straps either.

9. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

We bolted ours to the bed floor.

10. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

what do you do in the summer? won't things fall out? dirst, sand ect?

11. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Leave the rings in during the summer, they'll last for years and you'll use them for other things, nice to have in the bed to hold down smaller power equipment as well as the salter.

12. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

had 4 rings welded in today, all set for the snow!

13. bub3020

bub3020 Member
    from ma.

i just wanted to say i use straps to hold 30 tons of stone on a flatbed trailer, straps work fine if attached properly!