1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mounting a used plow

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by mmwb, Jan 18, 2005.

1. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

I'm getting a used Western (7.5' pro) that was mounted on an '87 Chevy 3/4 ton. I am putting it on a '91 k1500. An email to western indicated it should bolt right on. I was skeptical and asked around and am told by others that the frames are diff. and that the 3/4 ton had a leaf spring suspension up front whereas mine has the coil springs. Am I right in thinking that I am going to have to do some fabrication to mount this unit, or did I really just luck out?

2. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

I think Western would know what they are talking about. jmo

3. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

I just looked at the quick match on Westerns web site and they give different part numbers for the truck side mount.

The western Blade however should fit any truck once you have the truck specific mount, and wiring installed.

Maybe you should e-mail western again to make sure that they know that you were planning on reusing the truck side mount and wiring from the 87.