1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting a uni-mount to a 01 silverado 3500?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Sedorbrian, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Sedorbrian

Sedorbrian Junior Member

Ok, i just got a 01 silverado 3500. I have a few unimounts from my old truck. I know the best way would be to get a newer plow, but id like to keep what i have if i can for now. I understand that in order to mount this plow to this truck, i would need to get the ultramount mounts and a unimount adapting kit. Is this correct? Also, my friend has a unimount mount from a 92 2500hd and says he thinks it will work. I know that body style is different but he says the frames are very close because the 2500hd changed before the 3500's. Not sure on this. Anyone know?

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Is your body style on your 3500 a "old body style" or a "classic body style"
    Does it look like the 88-98 body style or the 98-2007 body style.

2001 is a questionable year on 3500. I have a 2000 one ton that is the old body style and a 2001 that is the classic body style. I believe that the 2001 and 2202 3500HD were still old body style where as the 3500 in those years were the classic.

If your truck looks like the 92 front end (square headlights and markers) then it will fit. If it looks like a classic, then it will not.

If you look around on craigslist and here in the used parts threads, you might be able to find an old bracket that somone wants to part with, if not, you will need the ultramount truck side and a ultra to uni adapter.

3. Philbilly2

Also, is the "92" the correct number you meant to type? I don't recall a 2500HD in 92, I know that they had light and heavy 2500's back then (6 vs 8 lug), but I was just wondering if you meant to type 02?

4. Sedorbrian

Sedorbrian Junior Member

My truck looks like the ones in your picture. My friends is the more square body style

5. Philbilly2

No dice, won't fit. Sorry for the bad news, but the frames are different.

92 is a GMT400 and a 00 is a GMT800

6. Philbilly2

7. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Not sure this would work with a unimount undercarrage, but my snoway under carriage came off a 98 GMC. I had to have a piece of square tubing welded to the bottom of both sides (right and left rail) of the frame to get the correct height for the undercarrage. The push bar mounted exactly to the same spot on the 03 tahoe as it did the 98 GMC (the lower control arm cross frame tube). If im not mistaken, the unimount uses the tow hook mounting holes on the 98's like the snoway does but also has bolts on the sides. I think you could do it, but it would require some welding and drilling and tapping of holes like it did for me.