1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting a Snow way v plow on a 2011 chevy?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by arctiva, May 31, 2015.

1. arctiva

arctiva Junior Member

I bought a snoway 28 series v plow wasn't told a year but from searching its a 1st generation the control says lobo. So any ways it was mounted on a 2009 chevy 2500 and im putting it on a 2011 chevy 2500. Does anyone know if the subrame mount is the same from 2009 to 2011? ts a 3 point 2 piece mount i belive I tried mounting it and I would have to drill and tap some holes on the rame to use the holes supplid which I don't mind doing If it is what it is. I seen on a 2003 chevy manual where it shows using some spacer washers which seems like I would need about a inch of washer on the rear of the mount on the cross member as the truck frame where the mount sits isn't flat.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway never supported the three pin mount on the 2009 truck (or the 2011.) Their application guides show a different mount for the 09 vs. 11, you can use the 99101049 mount with a three pin centermember. If you are running lights there is a good possibility you will have to convert to EIS system harnesses and convert the existing lights they haven't already switched them.

Email me (addy at bottom of post) with a couple pictures including the serial number plate from the passenger side of the A frame if possible and I'll see if I can get you the part numbers. Include a picture of the plug for the headlights.
  3. arctiva

arctiva Junior Member

Email sent.