1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting a new BOSS on a new 2007 Silverado?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by peterk800xc, Feb 22, 2007.

1. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Im going to be in the market for a new 07 Silverado in the Spring and have yet to see any new BOSS plow set-ups on them.This new front end isnt very plow friendly it looks like. On my old 04 I just cut the mid section out for the brackets to fit-it doesnt look like it will be that easy on an 07.I would think that BOSS and all the other plow manufacturers would design a bracket/mount where you do not have to do any butchering of the original body parts.
  2. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

well, give it a little while. Fisher came out with mounting ins, for the 1500 and should have them for next year or soon.
  3. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I would think that a plow manufacturer would come up with something for the 07 Chevy's that was " butcher free" so to speak. I love my boss plows but if I had to cut up body parts on my 07 chevy, (I really don't have one), to make a boss plow fit, I think my loyalty to Boss would become very strained.
  4. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Went and test drove an new 07' last Wed. The front valance is very plow friendly as it is even with the bottom of the frame rails. There should be no more hacking, but i'm unsure if the new design pushes the bumper to far forward. They have alot of new options, and good ideas, but the fenders and box are butt ugly. The lack of fender flares took alot away from the looks. The interior is simply awesome, with the cockpit style gauges. They moved the battery to the back along the firewall and added more positive pins for us to add our wiring. They also seem to sit super high in the rear, with the 245's looking like training wheels.
  5. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

BOSS just posted the manual for the undercarriage for the 2007 Silverado 1500... It requires a notch to be cut on "some bumpers", and does require a good bit of drilling. From the manual, the notch looks pretty small and not too noticible. The part number is LTA09001, and the manual is here: http://service.bossplow.com/database/manuals/msc09014.pdf
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2007