1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mounting a joystick in a 2002 Ford Superduty?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by peterk800xc, Oct 12, 2011.

1. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to mount a joystick controller in a 2002 Ford Superduty? Not sure just where or how to attach it. I had it in my last GM trucks mounted in the console but this truck does not have that type of console to hold the controller.Its probably to heavy also to mount on the dash?? Thanks in advance.

2. DMVMower

DMVMower Junior Member

Got to love the '02 Ford

I made a console out of some wood and scrap carpet. I used a piece of 1x4 on the bottom that is longer to reach between the bench and back. Then I built up wood up high enough to set my arm on and rest it and put the carpet on it. Then I attached the controller to the front side of the wood. This way you can take it out for the rest of the year and you can find it very easily. I have had it this way for 7 years now and I love it.

3. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I did similar to dmvmover on my superduty. I used 2x3 and made a braket that comes right under my center console so when you rest yuor arm the controller is there in your hand, I also used doule tape velcro for easy removal.

4. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Thanks!

Great ideas. Would you have any pics you could share?

5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I also made a center console out of wood. You can see it my my Diamond plow conversion. However, I used my own wire harness and used 2 separate toggles.
    T.J.

6. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict