1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting a BOSS on a new Chevy (NBS, 07 and up)

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rusty_keg_3, Dec 27, 2009.

1. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

I know a few people asked about the Boss mount on new chevy's. We have a 09 Silverado 3500HD, with a Boss. Some people take the "air dam" or what ever you call it off. Our dealer just made a few cuts... It works, and you dont really notice the cuts when the plow is off, and we could have taken it off, but we think it would look funny when the plow is off...

Hope this helps...

112509_1250[00].jpg

112509_1250[01].jpg

112509_1250[02].jpg

2. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Wow seems as if they could have made those cuts alittle neater? other than that I think it looks alot nicer to keep the airdam on the truck!

3. rusty_keg_3

Yea, we will cut it up a little nicer... Some day...

4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry,but that is a total butcher job.It's called a valance and that one is real FUGLY

5. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

No kidding... what'd they use to make those cuts? Scissors?

6. rusty_keg_3

I agree, i said we will clean it up a little... And i said or what ever you call it... Our dealer says "air dam"...

I dont know, angle grinder? Circular saw? No clue, what ever it was, it wasnt the right tool for that job...

7. Deco

Deco Senior Member

lose the spoiler,it's toast now . looks like it was cut with kids scissors. jmo. who installed that?

8. rusty_keg_3

We went throu our Chevy dealer, they had some one else do it.. We got a package deal... You really dont notice it unless you are up close...

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

On my one truck I kept the peices I cut out and then made little stainless tabs and put them back on for the summer, Couldn't ever tell it had ever been cut.

10. rusty_keg_3

Good idea...

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks. I put them back on the first couple years and now they just sit on a shelf. The mangling of the air damn is one of the reasons why we started doing our own installs. It makes you mad when someone hacks up a new truck. I must say we do have a great Boss dealer though.