1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting a Blade??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tightlines, Nov 23, 2003.

1. tightlines

tightlines Junior Member

I have a 1990 GMC 4x4 1/2 ton, and i have heard that it is best to beef up the front end suspension before installing a blade on the truck due to the extra weight of the blade etc. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

2. J HIsch

J HIsch Member

Check the owners manual, most front ends can handle the weight of the snow plow with no problem.

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I would definately have a set of timbrens put on. Alot of 1/2 tons can handle the weight but it's hard on them with a plow on .:waving:

4. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

i hear alot about timbrens,any website for these so i can order some or insite were to purchase...

5. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

ditto...

ditto on where to buy and learn about Timbrens...

6. snowplowman

snowplowman Junior Member
    from NH

SUSPENSION

On GM'S alot of people turn up the torsion bars, but beware the more you turn them up the worse the ride gets, and you will need an alignment afterwards, another option that we sell is the TIMBREN rubber springs which make a great improvement. Thanks

7. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

all the timbrens do is stop the the truck from bottoming out metal to metal witch is good they will help however if thats whaty your worried about the chevy trucks come through with bump stops right where you put the timbrens but their not as stong