1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mounting 8.2 on a 07 Chev.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by micojj, Oct 30, 2012.

1. micojj

micojj Junior Member

I should be picking up my 8.2 poly VXT next week and installing it on my 07 (newer body style) 2500HD. Just wondering if I'll have to cut the front spoiler when installing it. Also, I was thinking about running the switch up to the overhead console (next to the two small dome lights). Anyone try this and if not where would be a good place for it? I am planning on installing some of the hide-a-way lights also so will need to put a switch in for those too. Thanks for any info.
  2. MattsMowingOH4

MattsMowingOH4 Member

I just got my 8.2 VXT mounted over the weekend and didnt have to cut the valence. I have the factory strobe switch in the head liner also. I ran my strobes to that and made a plate for the change over switch under the dash. It also holds the plug for the controller. I am extremely pleased with the way it installed and performs so far!
    If you need pictures I can grab a few when It stops raining here
  3. micojj

micojj Junior Member

Would love to see a couple pics if/when you get a chance. Thanks.
  4. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

I have a 07 new body style with 9'2" poly VXT and don't know how you did not have to cut the plastic unless you jam it up when you put the plow on I just cut out where the mount was and it doesn't look bad at all if you need pic let me know i can take some
  5. micojj

micojj Junior Member

I'm guessing it matters on who does the install. I have seen some before where the plow pushes in on the spoiler in order to avoid cutting it. Might make a difference that it is a 9.2 maybe?
  6. MattsMowingOH4

MattsMowingOH4 Member

Sorry for the delay in the response
    torsion bars turned all the way up, and then 2 turns out
    sitting 18 inches to center hole( i know its suppose to be 16 but in goes into the mount perfect at this height).

7. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

I agree don't cut it, just push it up.