1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounting 720LT Plow to Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by jimspac, Dec 12, 2015.

1. jimspac

jimspac Junior Member

I recently purchased a 2003 720LT plow that came without mount, controller, and truck side wiring. I was able to get the wiring and a controller that can be adapted. The mount I got is from a 1998 RAM 2500 and does not mate with the A frame. The yoke group is located a few inches wider that those on the A frame. The light bar mounting is not even close. I would like to sell the mount package and try to get the B32037 mount that seems to not be available as current stock.

2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

That 32037 mount does not fit your plow. There is not a factory mount to pair your truck to that plow.

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Sounds like you put the cart before the horse. I think you're going to have to find a fabricator to make a mount for you. If it were me I'd just sell the stuff you have and buy something that's made to fit your truck. If not, you're going to have an awful lot of money sunk into a light duty plow.

4. jimspac

jimspac Junior Member

I do not need any more than this plow for my driveway The B32037 looks to be close enough to modify lightly rather than extensively. I do my own fabrications and have worked in industry. The 720 of the 720LTLT is about double the capacity as the Winter Wolf plow I have used for 18 years thus far. I need the hydraulic lift and rotation of this plow as it is more than capable for my driveway which reaches 300 plus foot length. If nothing else, I need the bar cross section dimension for the bar that mates with the A frame of the 720LT. I need to make adapter plates in any case.

The mount I am selling is the B32013 for Dodge RAM 1997-2002 2500/3500 that mates with all the bigger plows I have no use for

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I am 99% sure I told him this already but it got deleted.
    The plow was a good deal get says, but as H.J. said, cart before the horse.

6. bliz&hinikerDLR

I would highly suggest you start with a push beam that matches your 720LT plow. If you didn't get one when you bought the plow i suggest you try to buy one. The small blizzard mounts are dead inventory for most dealers and users. Existing inventory is not worth much and should be had for a reasonable price. Try to get one that is longer than the length between the outside of your frame rails. From there I would fab the side plates and then cut the push beam to match the width. Make a couple "kickers" off the back if you plan to be rough on it. That is the best way to go about this IMO.

7. jimspac

jimspac Junior Member

I just measured the center to center lug distance on the A frame (2 1/2 thick Y plates). It measures 15". The B32013 distance is 20". I would like to know if someone can give me the corresponding dimension on the B32037 mount, I can make a decision on what I can look for. I suspect based on the photo in the Blizzard mount specifications that is not that far off if not barely compatible. Just because Blizzard does not show it, it may do it if the A frame is the same as the 760LT.

8. bliz&hinikerDLR

I can't give you the dimension but I can tell you FOR SURE that it is NOT the same as your 720LT a frame distance. They are not compatible. The a-frame size of of the 680/720LT was different than the 760LT. Please take our advice.

9. dieselss

Bliz,,,,,didn't we already do this?

10. bliz&hinikerDLR

I don't recall. I have a great memory, it's just short. Plus, I'm not very good at finding posts.

11. jimspac

jimspac Junior Member

I just checked the part numbers on the 720LT and 760LT A frames and confirmed they are not identical. No offence, but I can not depend on the word of people who might say it won't work just because Blizzard does not say so. Everytime people try to steer me to a much higher priced item I question it. While I am not familiar with Blizzard products, I do know the industry. Blizzard felt the 720LT only belonged on mid sized pickups while I feel it is too much plow for many of them. The plow I have used has the exact length as the 720LT but it is too light to drop and drag. My wife can not justify the cost of the plows people recommend so I have to do things the hard way to get what I know I need. She wanted to get rid of the truck and buy a quad with a plow. I asked if she was going to haul her trash to the dump in her car because it was not going in mine.

So yes I am taking the advice and am going to get frame measurements for vehicles Blizzard made the required mount for. Thank you for all the support.

12. dieselss

Again, why not sell the plow you have, and BUY THE PROPER SETUP? You've been going round and round with this for 2 months now?

13. JustJeff

EXACTLY. Sell all the stuff for what he can get, and just find a cheaper used plow from craigslist that will have a mount for his truck. This just feels like if I bought an ECM for a Chevy because "I got a really good deal on it", and trying to use it in my Ram.

14. bliz&hinikerDLR

jim, I am honestly trying to help you the best way possible. I have been selling and servicing Blizzard plows for over a decade now. I haven't done exactly what you are trying to do but I have been involved in fabricating many plow mounts. The solution I described earlier is your best option in your situation. Your current mount for HD/SW/PP is worth as much or more than most 680/720LT mounts. Put yours up for sale and make a deal on one with the right push beam.

15. jimspac

jimspac Junior Member

Bliz, The B32013 is currently listed here now and I am going to measure my frame then go out and take the same measurement on models that Bilzzard had made mounts for as recently as possible. I will find something or I will cut up the B32013 if it does not sell.

HJ, If I could sell this plow without a mount and get something complete that was not near trash level I would. Which part of what I said did you not understand. My wife wanted me to get a new snow bear setup complete for $1300. I told her it is no better than what I have and I am not hopping out of the truck to manually rotate the plow anymore. She will not allow me to spend the money you keep suggesting.

16. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

I'd get what I WANT. If she put the "allowed" word in there I'd buy her a shovel and say have at it...

17. jimspac

jimspac Junior Member

I am getting what I want one way or another. It will not happen fast in all likelyhood. If the mount sells soon I will buy a mount I can modify or if no one buys it soon enough I will cut 5" out of the middle and use the pc cut out to put with another pc of same size tube to put the end flanges at the proper length. I have MIG and TIG welders and I know how to use them.

18. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

You bought the wrong parts and then decide to give sh*t to guys on here that are trying to help you. Should have just listened to the wife on this one especially since she obviously runs the show.

19. JustJeff

Amen......

20. JustJeff

I mean you no disrespect at all, but why are you fighting guys on here that are giving you YEARS worth of advice??? Are you that much smarter than the rest of us??? I think not. I'm done with this thread and the know it all.

And by the way, I don't care what your wife says, I'm not the one stuck f'ing her.