1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounted Wings!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Peterbilt, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Got them on my new EX90 last saturday.

We did the whole plow and wing install, in house. Everything work out fairly well, had a few small issues.

Over all everything looks as it should.

Bring on winter.

J

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Very nice!!!....one of my subs just got an EX90, and I was impressed with the way it looks...I really like the wing setup on those though! that is sweet!!!. I must say that if i were in the market for a HD straight 9fter, the Snow Dogg is probably what I would get. Looks Great!

3. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

How close do the wings get to the bumper when they are folded back and the plow is angled?

4. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

i was wondering that aswell. man i wish fisher made wings like this for the xblade

5. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

The wings were designed so that when...

1. The wings are stowed
    2. Plow is fully angled
    3. Plow is fully lifted (stacking)
    4. Plow is fully tripped

It SHOULD NOT hit the bumper. However, as there are thousands of truck/bumper configurations, we CANNOT guarantee this.

Scott

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking blade, love the wing setup as well.

Saw them at SIMA in Milwaukee and thought it looked like a nice setup.

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I like the idea, especially the mounting & storing design. However, they don't scoop forward to prevent trailing...Seems to me they stopped short of a great thing. What a waste.

8. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Of course they do. 20 degrees or so. Look again...

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

I did......Picture is deceiving. It looks angled from the rear, but when you look at it from the front there is next to nothing.

If thats the case, it's great design all the way around.

Peterbilt, could you take a pic from the side?

10. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Of course it is! You're right though, I went back through the pictures and its only obvious on one of them.

11. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

If you "cup" the wings to much, the snow wont flow off the edge as well. We run into this problem plowing HOA streets. Thats whey I went wit this plow, with the folding wings you don't have to fight them to get them off and on.

Sorry, I wont be taking any pics untill the plow is out for the year. Its back on a shelf right now.

The foward angle of the wings is pretty close to the same as the Boss wings.

J

12. STRIKER Qc

STRIKER Qc Junior Member

If I was to install wings on a HD75 Blade, my question is would I need to have them out all the times or only when I need them, and if the case is are they locked into place when not being used. I know my question might sound stupid but I have no clue and just discovered they exist.

How much should I expect to pay for those blades and are they hard to install if I get them after I get my blade installed.

13. STRIKER Qc

STRIKER Qc Junior Member

Actually I made a mistake the plow is an EX75

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

I gatta tell ya, thats an awesome feature. I wish other manufactures would get off there a** and make something similar for there straight blades. Direct fit, no drilling. I suppose there V blades might decline in sales but whatever.

15. STRIKER Qc

STRIKER Qc Junior Member

Anyone knows, can we plow with them retracted, as I would only use them on accasions, if I do go for this option

16. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

They do lock in the stowed position, and as long as you can confirm that they won't hit your bumper (to the best our knowledge they won't) - then you should be fine.

17. STRIKER Qc

STRIKER Qc Junior Member

Well it would be mounted on a 2005 F-2005 SuperDuty, I believe that there is enough room space, I will definetely be looking into this option, I did not want a too wide plow, but with this on, it could be useful on occasional basis.

Thanks for your reply Smoorman.

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Now if it were only direct lift...sigh:drinkup:

19. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Price is something like $400.00 Its been awhile since I paid for them
    They dont hit the bumper on my F350 and I have an EX90
    Simple enough to install. Just 2 holes to drill, You might have to do a bit of a ream out though on the hinges. Nothing to big to do.
    They lock open and closed with the same pin. And that pin is a shear pin in case you hit something real hard.

I bought this plow for the wings on it. The wings were th biggest selling point next to the price.

J.

20. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

Those are sweet. Nice design.