1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounted the plow today on my 98

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Banksy, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I got a mount off ebay a few days ago and felt like mounting it today despite it being hot out. No controls yet, so I had to short chain it. There are about 4 bolts left to put in that I have no clue how it's done. Box frame makes it tough. The truck barely squats with the plow up. Anyway, summer is slow for pics, so here are some.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Here's the same plow on my 2004. Just for a fun comparison.

[​IMG]

3. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

kool. the truck looks awesome. keep us up dated with pic's. its looking good!

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Thanks a lot!

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Truck looks good.

I have installed plows on a few Dodges. The bolts you can't get to probably come with a piece of steel welded too it. It would be like welding a pencil to the end of the bolt head. This allows you to reach in a insert the bolt. I just installed a fifth wheel hitch on my truck. It came with a couple of pieces of spring steel. You push them backwards through the hole, thread the bolt on the end and them pull them back, if that makes sence. I imagine it would be easiest to weld something on the bolt head.

I didn't use my sprind steel pieces. If you want I could mail them to you.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Why bigger is better. You should try to find a 8' 6" blade for that truck. Look where the rear wheels are packing down the snow.

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I went to Lowes with the hardware list off of Fishers website and got everything I needed. I know the factory kit comes with the handles welded on the bolts so that what I will end up doing probably. I just ran out of steam today to finish the last 4 bolts.

Could you take a pic of the piece you are talking about cet? Not sure if I've seen it before.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

They are at the shop. I will take pics tomorrow for you. I actually have bolts with the pieces welded on also so I will take pics of both.

9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I know, but it's what I have. I bought an entire Fisher Speed Cast plow setup off ebay for a mere $100 bucks about an hour away. I just took the blade from that. RGrimes, who I plow for has a couple 9 foot blades at his shop. I was planning on wings anyway since my 98 will be the primary plower and the 04 will be the backup.

10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Thanks cet, that would be great. If I need them, just let me know how much to send you for shipping.

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have family coming from Kentucky today. I could send them home with them next week and they could mail them from there. It should be pretty cheap from inside the USA.

12. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Hey great idea. Thanks.

13. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

you should sell me this truck. :)

14. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Looking good Banksy. Good luck with the bolt problem.

15. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Thanks man. How did I know you'd like it GP? LOL

16. Misch-Rman

Misch-Rman Member

looks great.. i like the black wheels i have been thinking about doing that with my 04.. i have the same truck but like i said its an 04 but i have a western and if i dont put 700-1000 lbs in the back its helpless.. but with the weight i can go anywere..