1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mounted my Fisher controller

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Banksy, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

This is the best spot I found for my Fisher joystick. I don't have to reach and I stay in a normal seated position. I also don't have to take my left hand off the wheel, so my right hand shifts and controls the joystick. So here's an idea for guys plowing with standard trannys. Might not work so well with autos, probably be in the way.

2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

It looks like a good spot for the control. Nice truck by the way.
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Thanks. I know it's not the most original idea, but it took a few minutes to get it right. I just wanted a simple and very practical spot. I used to have Fisher Speed casters and I hated leaning over to operate the joy stick.
  4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

that controls looks very familiar :) for an auto tranny it is easier where I have it. the pic is of where it was in my old truck. it is in the same spot in my ford. I just dont have a pic of it. there is a pic of the one in my f250 somewhere on plowsite.

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

have you used it yet to plow,,,,,, hopefully i will be plowing with my 5 speed next year and i have been thinking about where to mount a controller .... curious to see how it works...
  6. loudredram

loudredram Member

In my older plow trucks that were standards we used to mount them on shifter used to make a different mount and use hose clamps to mount it worked out great used to be able to shift and control the plow at the same time
  7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I tried going back to the mounted joy stick last year.........I am too addicted to the Fish Stik.