1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mount the push plates on my ram 1500 by my self : (

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Pcarrier0927, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Pcarrier0927

Pcarrier0927 Junior Member

Hello everyone, just bought a minute mount a few days ago and just started putting the push plates on my 97 ram 1500. What A Mess! ecspecially with only 2 hands.
    I didnt really think the push plates were that heavy until I actually had them under the truck trying to push them into place.
    The push plates already have the bar that connects the two push plates togeather on and the bolts are rusty so I cant take that off to make it easier.
    Im going to have an extra hand on thursday...
    Can anyone give me some tips on how to make this 10x easier than it seems lol
    thanks alot for any input
    look forward to hearing from all you soon!
  2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Get a good drill bit to drill the frame with. Hose all the bolts down with fluid film and take the push plates apart. Also make sure you etch thebumper brackets so when you reinstall it it will be straight. If you don't you'll spend a lot of time trying to get it right, especially if you're as picky as I am. Make sure you tighten everything up good and you'll be all set to go like hell next year. Good luck
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Uh, take the mount apart and then put in new bolts for the cross bar. Why in the world would you want to wrestle that thing if you don't have to?
  4. bostiguy

bostiguy Junior Member

Can you get a floor jack under it? That's how I installed my mounts.Floor jack and blocks of wood = extra set of hands.