1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mount Sno-Way 22 on an 02 Dodge Dakota?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by btully80, Nov 14, 2013.

1. btully80

btully80 Junior Member
    from MA

Hello all,

I just purchased a used Sno-Way 22 for my 2002 Dodge Dakota. When I got home I attemped to order a new mount plate and found out that Sno-Way does not make a mount plate for my truck with this plow.

I guess that's what I get for assuming and not checking first. Looks like they recommend using the Sno-Way 26 for the Dakota but I think it would be too much plow for my truck.

I have the mount plate for an 05 Ford Explorer. Has anyone successfully fabricated a Sno-way 22 mount plate to work with a Dakota?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Easiest way would be purchase a 99100880 carton, (that's the 26 series vehicle specific mount for your Dakota) and modify the 22 center member you have to fit.

Snoway feels the Dakota is too heavy a truck for the 22 Series and the mass of a loaded Dakota would bend the blade if not used in a judicious manner.