1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mount question

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by VnDrWLawnCare, Nov 11, 2008.

1. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare Member

Ordered a plow today and set up my installation for next week. 2004 GMC Sierra 1500. When the guy checked for the mount he said he has a one piece in stock to fit my application. From my research my vehicle requires 2 pieces. Is this an old mount or what is the advantage btw the 1 piece and 2 piece mounts. I dont want old equip on a new install.

Also been thinking about the wireless controller. How many hours of use should i be able to get out of a set of batteries in continous plowing?

Just thinking about the extra cost for the wireless and then i have to put batteries in it all the time... makes the hard wired sound better.

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

There isn't really a difference between the 1pc and 2pc kits other than it is less expensive down the road should you look to move the plow to a different vehicle as you can re-use the center section of the mount on the new vehicle.

Battery life should be about 40 hours if the batteries are fresh. I always recommend that users keep extra batteries in the vehicle when out plowing just in case they are needed.

Thanks for choosing Sno-Way, we appreciate your business. :waving:

3. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare Member

So i should ask for a 2 piece mount, because i may want to move it to a 2500 in the future. I just did not want old parts with a new plow.

Thanks

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We have more issues with the wired then the wireless:nod: Forget to unplug it (one customer twice in one day), weedwacker, crushed , the dog, the kid, bent pin, broken wire, cut wire, corroded connectors. And the repair parts are not cheap, they're computer grade connections that require proprietary tools (AMP) for disassembly and assembly.
    Crush the plug one time and plat some one to fix it and you could have had the wireless. Had wired unit come in one time with the wires twisted together and wrapped in silly putty, he sheared it and thats all that was in the vehicle for an insulator.