1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mount Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MDHomeSVCS, Sep 18, 2014.

1. MDHomeSVCS

MDHomeSVCS Junior Member

Hello all,

i am going to be putting my spare Meyer plow on my 1998 C3500 non-HD Dually this winter to help out my Ram some in parking lots. My question is, I didn't want to buy a new mount for the truck so i bought a used one. It cam off of a 1997 K2500. Will it work even though it is from a 4x4? From what I can tell from searching, it just sits a little lower then the one specifically for a 2WD. Basically what I am asking is are the mounting holes on the frame the same on the 2WD as the 4WD?

Thanks in advance!!
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I would try Meyer website, and put in both trks and see if the same mount comes up for both of them
  3. MDHomeSVCS

MDHomeSVCS Junior Member

I checked their website and they do list different part numbers but they looks the same. I ran into this issue also on my old ram I used to have...it was a 1500 so it sat 2" lower in the front. I put a leveling kit on it and it worked fine from a 2500. So I am wondering if it is like that scenario will attach the same, but maybe sit a little lower...
  4. MDHomeSVCS

MDHomeSVCS Junior Member

anyone have any other thoughts?