1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mount problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Greenstar lawn, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Greenstar lawn

Greenstar lawn Senior Member

I just installed a ultra mount on my Chevy and now the damn thing wont come off of my truck. The controller says the plow is in float and everything is unhooked. The shoes are on the ground the pins are in the bottom holes and are locked. I go to back out of it and it drags along with me. Anyone know what i can do?

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Sound like your "plow horns" are stuck into the receivers. You might have to adjust.
    Here is some info

adj.jpg

adj.jpg

3. Greenstar lawn

I adjusted the shoe adjustment and it still nothing. Anything else i can do?

4. twinman326

From looking at it, does it look like the plow horns are still in the receivers??

5. Greenstar lawn

yes it does look like they are still in however the passenger side comes out a bit...

6. twinman326

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  7. twinman326

U might have some space between the hook and the receiver to (maybe) use a pry bar to move it a little without damaging anything??? (just a thought)

8. Greenstar lawn

i appreciate the help twinman... It doesnt look like the shoes are all the way on the ground but the pin is locked in the hole. I try to push the shoe further down but it wont budge.

9. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

The configuration plates may not be assembled correctly for the height of your mount, or the feet on the stands may be set up incorrectly. Also, it helps to fully collapse the lift cylinder and rock the headgear as far as you can towards the truck while setting the feet during removal. If everything is set up correctly, they go on and off very easily.

For now, grab the corner of the blade and give it a good yank... it'll come off there.

10. twinman326

Don't slip. or get hurt...........

Like cubicinches stated,after you separate the plow from the veh, you might want to re-check your configuration plates. You might have them setup wrong..

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  11. Greenstar lawn

I am going to try to adjust the show but it appears the spring is jammed and not allowing the shoe to reach the ground fully.

12. Greenstar lawn

Ha i know right..luckily its Michigan and we haven't had any snow on the ground all season.

13. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

what plow is it a pro or pro plus

14. cubicinches

That being the case, the configuration is most likely incorrect.

15. Greenstar lawn

its an 8' pro. Well when i installed everything a few days ago everything was fine. I mounted it and unmounted it several times and it when in and out like a hot stick of butter. The plow and mount was off an 07 Chevy and i have an 04 Chevy.

16. cubicinches

Did you by any chance turn up the T-bars after the install?

17. Greenstar lawn

config of what? How do i go about configuring this

18. Greenstar lawn

Not yet i am doing that this weekend

19. cubicinches

20. Greenstar lawn