1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mount problems

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by heavyiron, Dec 7, 2007.

1. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

I picked up a used RT3 during the summer for my 2000 GM 3/4 ton. It came off an F350 so I installed a GM mount on my truck last weekend and had problems. The front mount and the rear angle bracket BARELY lined up, even with all the bolts loose. I bought the mount from my local dealer so I am sure it is the right one... The dealer says sometimes the mounts warp when they are fabbed and that accounts for the problem. I had to put a drift pin in the holes with a pipe on it to get them close, then use a 3/4" drive impact wrench to draw them together. I slowly tightened up all the mount bolts at the same time until it was done. I am worried that since there is so much tension on the mount and truck frame, something may let go in a big way someday. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

If your truck is the classic body style, then I had the exact same problem. The rear bracket just didn't seem to line up. I thought that my truck was tweaked from the meyer setup I used to have. Made it kinda pain in the A$$ to install, but I think it'll be ok.
  3. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

It is the classic body style - I thought my frame was warped too. By the way, where did you power the control box harness from? Did you tie in at the accessory box under the dash, or the fuse box with a spade connector? Just curious.