1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mount pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Bad Luck, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Post pics of your truck with just the mount on here. I'd like to see how much you show and how low these things are hanging.

2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

This is a frontal shot of my 'modified' RT2 hitch for my 9'-2" BOSS Power-V. It is based on a mount for a 1993 Ford F350. Since a lowered mount was required for my lifted truck, the standard off-the-shelf GM mount was useless, so we took the Ford mount that came with the blade and built this.

The main beam is solidly welded to a piece of box-beam, I believe it was 6x8x3/16" or so. Two 5/8" plates were welded to the end and bolted to the frame thru a pair of 'blocks' (frame spacers) that I believe came with the Ford mount.

There is diagonal angle bracing on the back as well. I dont think this will ever break, although I have damaged a few of the 5/8" bolts that it is held together with. We have since added to the design (see next pic) so that there is a lip solidly against the frame rails to eliminate the chance of bolts shearing off.

As far as height goes, those "cross-pins" you can see in the picture--the centre-to-ground measurement is approximately 13 1/2"..... ie: I have about a foot of ground clearance under the mount.

Also of note, I usually have the factory air-dam below the bumper (removed for winter season for access to plow wiring). It is about 4" high and totally covers the wiring and 90% of the frame/leaf spring mounts.... does wonders for the overall look of the truck.

plow-mount-front.gif

Last edited: Oct 9, 2004
  3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Here is a top view--very easy to get at the moment as the rad support is out to simplify my engine swap (see post "the bomb, july 2004")

Pardon the rust on the crossmembers, the truck is an '82... :D

Anyways....

Note the (sorry hard to see, let alone describe) welded on bump-stops at the outer edges, also the bolted on plates and frame boxes I referred to.

Sorry I can't post a clearer pic, I am limited to 100k files...
    Someone else wanted to see these pix before but I cannot find the post ;)

plow-mount-top.gif

4. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

to see mine which is also 12" from ground go to most durable plow of all time thread. page 3

5. Hows this for a clean look. Western Ultra on a 98 Dodge Ram 2500

PlowMounts1255.JPG

PlowMounts1262.JPG