1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mount Number for 2003 Chev HD

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 160ClassBuck, Apr 16, 2008.

1. 160ClassBuck

160ClassBuck Member
    from WI

Looking at buying a 8'6" Boss straight blade (don't know what the vintage is) that came off a Chevy 2004 2500HD and I have a 2003HD. I believe the mount (LTA04767) and light wiring (MSC04601) should fit. Can anyone confirm this or give some insight on how old an 8'6" blade is?

" Boss Snow Plow 8'6" off 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Good Condition $2500.00 obo"

$2,500 an OK price?

Thanks,

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The mount and head light adapter part numbers are correct for your truck.

As to the vintage of the plow, do you have any pics? Serial number maybe?

Could give you an idea by some good pics but only the factory can pin it down by the serial # to the exact model year.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Well if it came off a 04hd and you have a 03hd, just judging from what I know everything should bolt right up, and all the wiring should be the same. They trucks are the same minus the year difference.

4. 160ClassBuck

160ClassBuck Member
    from WI

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am waiting on some pictures and more information on the plow, will post when I receive.

5. 160ClassBuck

160ClassBuck Member
    from WI

Well here are the photos. Don't see much for identification and the cutting edge is partially buried. Still need to find out if the wiring and mount are included and what is with the chunk of steel to support the plow. If no mount or wiring, $2500 seems like alot.

Thoughts?

BossSnowPlow001.jpg

BossSnowPlow002.jpg

BossSnowPlow003.jpg

BossSnowPlow004.jpg

BossSnowPlow005.jpg

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The plow is approx an '01, '02 or mid '03 model year. Looks to be in very good condition for it's age.

The jack stand is missing, so that explains the piece of steel holding the rear of the plow up. Replacement jack stand would cost about $20-$25. Needs a $3 torsion spring replaced at the right hand attaching pin too (springs bent).

If it included the truck side hardware for your truck, $2500 isn't a bad buy for its condition even though its an older plow.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  7. 160ClassBuck

160ClassBuck Member
    from WI

B&B,

Thanks for the reply. I need to verify if the mounts are included, already off the truck and will offer $2k in cash. See where it goes from there. Seems like alot of plows for sale this time of year but I really want an 8-8'6 for the crew cab and this looks like a good fit at reasonable price.

Tanks,