1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mount keeps getting lower

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Greenery, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, so I have a 2001 2500HD with the 6.0 and a 4" Rancho lift kit and I put a 8' Hiniker c-plow on it this year and when I installed it I had the mount forks at 11 inches from the ground to the bottom of the forks. I checked it after the first two pushes this year and it was now at 10 inches. So I adjusted it back up to 11 inches plowed with it a couple more times and now it's down to 10 1/2 inches. So my question is why is it getting lower? Is this normal or is something going on. I allready checked the frame where the upper control arms attatch and that all looks good no cracks and it does have the gussets.

2. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

If it only settled once I'd say it's just settling in, but twice indicates to me that you may be permanently bending the t-bars, although it seems a bit hard to believe. Other possiblities include wheel bearings or loose bolts in the mount. Only dropping from 11 to 10.5 could also be explained by uneven pavement when you measure or gas tank being full vs empty. It's not really enough to get excited about, but keep checking on it.

Do you have Timbrens? That should be a sticky post at the top of this forum: "THOU SHALT INSTALL TIMBRENS BEFORE TALKING ABOUT CHEVY FRONT SUSPENSION PROBLEMS!" Oh wait, is that still possible with the Rancho lift?