1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mount Installation

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by TomB...IN, Jan 5, 2009.

1. TomB...IN

TomB...IN Member
    from Indiana

OK ive almost got this plow ready to go, only a few quick questions.

#1) how hard is it to install the truck mount (I have fairly good mechanical skills and tools)
    #2) I dont know if this mount is coming with any hardware or not....if not what should I get (grade?)(size)etc.
    #3) Anyone have any tips, pointers, advice, or comments?

Thanks
    Tom

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Follow the instructions.

3. Hooker751

Hooker751 Member

Hi Tom
    What kind of sno-way plow did you get???? I live in Indiana too.
    Harold I have the 28 series V-Plow.

4. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

If you need anything let me know. I am an Indiana dealer.

5. TomB...IN

TomB...IN Member
    from Indiana

I am in South Eastern Boone County

I bought a used Sno-way 25D (older plow)

Tom

6. Hooker751

Hooker751 Member

Hay Tom that is cool Mine is about 6 yreas old and still does a great job. I'm in Indianapolis. We need to pray for some SNOW huh!!! When you get it hooked up send me a picture of it on your truck.
    Harold

7. TomB...IN

TomB...IN Member
    from Indiana

10-4 on that one Harold! I read on weather.com where we are 9 inches below average for this time of year :(

What kind of rig you got pushing that v-plow?

Tom

8. Hooker751

Hooker751 Member

Hay Tom

My truck is a Chev 2001 2500 HD Club Cab with Sno-Way 28 series V plow on it and my truck pictures are in the Sno-way Threads numbers picture 190 &192. Let me know if you find them ok?
    Harold

9. TomB...IN

TomB...IN Member
    from Indiana

Harold

Looking good my man! Is the truck Maroon? Assuming it were to snow (haha) how much plowing do you do? I am just getting started and like picking everyone's brain about their operations.

Tom

10. Hooker751

Hooker751 Member

Tom
    Not a problem. I have been plowing for about 20years off and on and now for the lAST 4 YEARS IT IS ON AGAIN WITH THIS TRUCK HERE. yES , THIS IS MY BABY AND IT DOES A VERY GOOD JOB. i HAVE HAD JUST ABOUT ALL OF THEM , except a Boss plow. I love my Snow-Way and think it is the best one out there right now that I know of buddy. The truck is Maroon in color and the snow was in my cuzin driveway that I had just got done with that year. Yes, we need to have our Snow-Way dealers help us with a SNOW DANCE for Indiana to get some soon. I have some contacts that I do and then everyone else finds me and they will keep me very busy if we get enough snow on the ground. Little snow won't keep you busy ,Tom >> but if we get over 5inches or so people will be remembering you for sure and calling to see when you can get to thier house HEE HEE LOL i'M G;LAD you like the pictures.
    Harold

11. Hooker751

Hooker751 Member

Tom >...Also remember that you won't get anywhere if you don't "PICK" someone brain . my buddy, This is the way we learn and get better at what we do in life. I can wait to see your truck when you are done. Make sure you let me know or shoot me a picture of it.

E-mail me anytime at hewatters7601@sbcglobal.net also.
    Take care and watch the weather. HEE HEE LOL I'm going to get my dancing shoes ready!!!!! :)