1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mount for RT1 on pre88 gm

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by cropdude, Jan 11, 2009.

1. cropdude

cropdude Junior Member

I was offered an older 8'2 "RT1" for $1000, its in good shape w/new pump and motor. First is it worth it and second does anyone know where i can find mounts to go on a classic body style chevy. Either putting it on a 1976 short box or a 1988 suburban. Thanks

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

used plow

depends on how bad you need a plow ,they have not made that plow for a significant amount of year's ,no Mount's are available ,you would have to modify what you have .and hope you can get the wiring to work . belt drive pump or electric under hood ? it's a good old heavy duty plow but it's a bit dated ! i would say if you buy it have the same exact truck it came off of chassis wise .payup

3. cropdude

cropdude Junior Member

I know its old, would like a RTII but they are hard to find reasonably in the heat of the season like this, not going to plow commercial just my yard with it and a path to the fish house. It comes with a 1yr old electric motor on the pump, and the wiring harness. Just hoping someone would have an old undercarriage they are willing to part with or at least some specs on one.

4. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

there is a guy on ebay that has a lot of older rt1 rt2 mounts and parts, ya may want to check with him. He wants to sell it all lock stock and barrel....but it's been on there a long time, so he may part it out.