1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mount for lifted truck?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by plow tech, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plow tech

plow tech Member

I have a 99 f350 with a 4inch suspeion lift have a boss v blade ,do they make mountes for them or do you have to fabe it your self?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Going to need some custom fab work done on the mount to drop it four inches.

3. plow tech

plow tech Member

has anybody fabed one ? i want to make sure this holds up im putting a 9'2 ploy v blade and it is going to plowing some major lots.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

For a 4" yes, and although gaining the 4" doesn't take a great deal of mods or additions to get the push-beam down where you need it, make sure you add additional reinforcement to the side plates and an additional cross brace just below the frame attaching points to tie the two side together (above the push-beam) or it will attempt to shove the mount sideways...buckling the mount in the process. :nod:

5. plow tech

plow tech Member

cool thanks for the help.i'll take pics after im done

6. Whitewheelin

Whitewheelin Junior Member

im curious how your mount turned out and if u took some pictures im in the same boat u were and i need to figure out a way to morify a mount for my truck if u took pics my email is sgustaw@hotmail.com thanks

7. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

My dads truck has a 4" lift and 35s with an 8' 6" western and all I did was lengthen the chain? :yow!:

8. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Im posting the pic for plow tech as his email is messed up lol. I think he did a great job on the fabs it looks great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I hope to heck this is just the mock up stage and it doesn't have all the reinforcements attached to it yet because you have no vertical reinforcements or back up plates on the outside running from you added side plates up to the original ones in order to sandwich it all together. Your basically depending on that weld between them to carry the entire weight and stress of the plow and it's snow load since the lower half of the mount is basically hanging in mid-air on that weld. Your rear stock Boss braces wont even help that issue any since their attached above the weld point. You need full plates up the outsides at the very least or it's going to prune the bottom section right off.

Your cross tubing looks good though.

IMG_8324.jpg

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Come on B&B, you know how projects are:nod: have to show them off, don't be so nit picky, I'm sure he'll post pics of it once it's finished. If he does as nice a job designing the rear thrusters as he's doing with the front it should be one of the nicer lowering jobs we've seen posted on the site.

11. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

yes I did take a few pics before it was done, notice no bolts on the arms to the frame in the pics. Im sure wnplow tech fixes his email he will post finishe pics.

12. plow tech

plow tech Member

ha there B&b if you would look there is a 4 inch dorop on the original plate then another plate on the out side that goes two holes higher that the weld and bolted all togeather and welded,so there is so much reinforsment on the down plates and i added a brace that goes all the way down when i have time ill get more pics on, i would bet my life that it will hold and is actualy over kill.

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

More pics would be most helpful. :nod:

14. plow tech

plow tech Member

here is a pic of the down brace made out of 1/4 angle iron

plow 3.jpg

15. plow tech

plow tech Member

finished side view.what you guys think?

plow4.jpg

16. crew cuts

crew cuts Junior Member
    from Omaha

The thing that sucks about extending the plow mount on a lifted truck is now you lost all the clearence that you put the lift on for. Too bad they aren't easier to take on and off. I bet you have a nice looking setup though.

17. plow tech

plow tech Member

this truck is lifted for looks not for off roading its a work truck .

18. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

dont forget picking up chicks:eek: and when yo do pick them up its a great ride:redbounce:nod:

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

While you use the name Plowtech. You are not a professional, are you?

20. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Lifted trucks are not work trucks... you said your self it's for looks.....

A lifted truck does not portray a professional appearance.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.