1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mount for Ford Expedition

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Purple-Eagle, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Purple-Eagle

Purple-Eagle Junior Member
    from Buffalo

Just purchased a 2005 Expedition. Is truck mount the same as F150 from the same year ?

Anyone have one for sale ?

2. Purple-Eagle

from Buffalo

After time on phone to most dealers in the area. Nobody thus far that I have talked to offers a plow application for the 2005 Expedition. Some have said it was a light front end while Sno-Way told me it was something with the headlight wiring. I saw something online from Blizzard plows for this truck and will call them tomorrow. Also Snow Bear offers a mount setup for the Expedition.

Has anyone on the site put a plow on this vehicle ? If so, how's it working out ?

3. JCE

JCE Member

I have a 2000 Expedition with the Sno-Way 26 Series - 7 1/2. Works really well with the tight turning radius, but the low clearance on the mounts takes a little getting used to when pushing up and over a curb. The front axle rating needs to be at least 3450 lbs and mine is 3500. I believe Ford reduced the front axle rating by 2005.
    [​IMG]

4. Purple-Eagle

from Buffalo

Does anyone know if the mount for a 2005 F150 would bolt up to the 2005 Expedition ?

5. lilpusher

lilpusher Senior Member
    from Indiana

You can put a meyer plow on that body style of expedition. The reason you are having a hard time finding a plow set up is due to the set up on the front end of the EX. I have an 04 and have the same problem. It will run around 600 extra to put in a truss system to keep the front end right. All has to do with angles on the CV's the extra weight hanging o the front puts a bad angle on the CV's which can cause breakage. I broke down and got a diff truck to plow with. So to answer your question NO the mount for a F150 will not fit the EX. Sorry I feel your pain

6. Purple-Eagle

from Buffalo

What exactly is a truss system and where would you go about getting one put on ? Is this something that could be done by myself in the garage ?

7. lilpusher

lilpusher Senior Member
    from Indiana

It lowers the control arm mount points so when you have the plow weight the angles of cv joints are close to factory. I spoke to a guru at Carmel welding in Indy area. They have done a couple. It sounded too involved to mess with a fairly new and nice ride. That's why I wentto another truck. Cheaper in the long run too

8. lilpusher

lilpusher Senior Member
    from Indiana

Don't think it's a doit yourself type of thing. I've got a lift and nice shop and I wouldn't attempt.