1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mount for Dodge

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by StathemLawncare, Nov 19, 2007.

1. StathemLawncare

StathemLawncare Member

Checked on this last year,but never followed up because of spring.
    Need mount for 98 dodge 3500 V10 3pin used or new.Or would like pics of one
    on truck. I have mounts from two other trucks,might be able to use some of the pieces.

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

http://www.snoway.com/service/Subframes/97100739b.pdf

Here is a link to the manual for our subrame #99100465 which will work on the Dodge. They are no longer available from the factory but there are retailers that have them in stock.

What trucks did the other mounts come off of?

3. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

Got a '96 2500 with the 3 pin, presently getting a new clutch put in. I should see it again on either Wed or Fri, once it's home again I'll get some pics for you. Only real PITA was pulling the bolts holding the steering box on which also hold the mount on.

4. StathemLawncare

StathemLawncare Member

other mounts are from fords,but looks like i should be able to use the front piece without any modifcations. the back is all i cant figure out. And i was afraid the steering box was going to have to come off.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The company line.:rolleyes:

Lots of dealer have the ******465 mount in stock, let me know where you are and I'll get you the # of the nearest one.

The Real World:cool:

Snoway doen't support this application. But if you have a Ford nosepeice that's 31" long and want to experiment use a *****860 sub frame and a Ford crossmember. They list the *****891 crossmember which is 31 inches long. will could save you a little money but could require a little finagling. If your local dealer has the ****860 in stock take a 31" nose peice down and line up the side flanges. If it works you'll have taught your local dealer something.

http://www.snoway.com/service/Subframes/97101252b.pdf

6. toby4492

If you would like to locate a 99100465 send me a PM and I can give you some information.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sure so do I. I wasn't joking when I offered to get him a number. there's lots of dealers around with that mount. And as far as the factory is concerned that's the only way, hence: the company line, not criticizing just stating fact.

But if you play with things out in the real world, on the shop floor and in the feild you learn things Snoway dosn't support. For example; there are certain mounts and certain sub-frames that will interchange to subvert the need to have to buy the conversion kit. It could be easier if Snoway supported the 3 hole mounting system. It wouldn't be that hard to do, though it would circumvent controlling vehicle/plow match ups. Maybe that's why the factory really can't support it;)

The ****891 and the ***3551 (from the *****396 kit) are an example, not a perfect fit but close enough you can make it work.

8. StathemLawncare

StathemLawncare Member

basher, i'm located 40miles SW of Hannibal Mo. What ever will work so i dont have to spend alot on. Would like to keep 3 pin mounting.Checked on switching it last winter. Not going to spend that kind of money.The truck wont be used as much as my other truck.I have the nose piece.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you have a nose peice 3002/3001 this will not work. You need the crossmember from the 396 kit.

10. StathemLawncare

StathemLawncare Member

do i need a whole mount, or just sub frame.This blade was on a ranger, then i moved to a F-150 and just bought a new sub frame and used old nose piece.Do i need a different nose piece too.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You will need the 99100465 mount Toby was refering to.

If you don't have the ford specific peice but the generic 3002/3001 nose peice it will not work.

12. StathemLawncare

StathemLawncare Member

basher thanks for all the help.THe nose piece is the ford piece,hopefully i can find the 99100465 part to get this ready for snow

13. toby4492

I sent you a PM with some retailers that were showing the 99100465 in stock. This will be a complete subframe kit.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  14. StathemLawncare

StathemLawncare Member

Just an update, nobody seems to have a new one in stock.Does anybody know where i might be able to find a used mount or something that will wok

15. snowa

snowa Junior Member

I know of a dealer in northern Mn. that might have a used older style mount for a dodge off a 1994 1500 .