1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mount dilema

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ShadeScapesInc., Oct 12, 2009.

1. ShadeScapesInc.

ShadeScapesInc. Member
    from midwest

Ok starts like this buddy had a 99 1/2 ton bought a 04 gm 3/4 ton. So I looked and looked for a used mount but couldn't find one. I found the side and rear brackets for a 3/4 ton from a guy who up graded to 08 body style. So i measured the width of the 1/2 ton mount and thought that the side and rear brackets would work. Bought the side and rear brackets went to put them on and as some of you guys prob already know that wont work. the bolt holes won't line up, the 1/2 ton mount bolt holes are further apart. So that brings me the the this point, What do I do now?? I can get $150 for the half ton mount from a local dealer, but I can bet on that other piece of the mount(the main piece) not being cheap. I don't know what to do, my fault I guess but im just ready to be done with it. Thanks for any info at all.

2. Medicjdl

Medicjdl Member
    from 02893

Sell it, cut your loses and get the correct one. It will make your life allot easier.

3. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

If you can get $150 for the old mount, cash out and get a new one. You could monkey with it but in reality that could be a monumental hassle - I been there! Coughed up $450 for a brand new mount (complete) for my '00 Chevy 2500 two years ago. Fit well and had the thing on in six hours including wiring.

If you're good with a cutter and welder you could probably make parts and pieces fit but that's just my $.02.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you're already into it for the side and rear brackets you'd be further ahead to go ahead and purchase the pushbeam too. They're around $200. Why pay $500 for half a mount you already have? And then end up with brackets left over you don't need and can't give away since they're not complete?

5. ShadeScapesInc.

ShadeScapesInc. Member
    from midwest

$200 for the pushbeam, I thought it would be more than that anybody got that part # of the just the pushbeam??

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Boss p/n: PBA04373

7. ShadeScapesInc.

ShadeScapesInc. Member
    from midwest

thanks alot

8. ShadeScapesInc.

ShadeScapesInc. Member
    from midwest

ordered the part today $212. with the other peices i bought from a guy that puts me at $337 for the total mount and I got a new shiny push beam. like a new mount for half price. Thanks alot for all the help.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you did good and happy to help. :salute: