1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mount differences?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ksmowerman, Nov 25, 2015.

1. ksmowerman

ksmowerman Junior Member
    from Kansas

I have a 2012 boss 9'2" DXT V,originally purchased and mounted on a 2008 chevy. Chevy is now sold, and I bought new brackets and mount for 2015 ram 2500. Got it all new brackets installed, but new plow "mount" doesn't fit plow, however brackets fit new truck perfect. Almost as if the "hooks" are too high and the pin holes can't allign, or vise versa, the holes are to low. Its off by a good 1/4". Is there different mounts for different plows? IE: the dealer ship ordered wrong mount? Tanks in advance, and have a happy thanksgiving!

2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

RT3 is a RT3
    Is the mount on the truck at the right height?
    What does not fit?

3. maxwellp

4. maxwellp

Or this part is not adjusted correctly
    MSC04254
    BUMPER STOP KIT W/HDW

5. ksmowerman

ksmowerman Junior Member
    from Kansas

Nothing to do with truck, bumper, or height. Its the difference between the "hooks" and the "pin holes". As if, the plow doesn't sit " deep" enough in hooks for the pins at the top to allign up once headgear is raised.

6. maxwellp

What part number is the push bar they sold you?

There is a Sport Duty RT3 , But I have never seen one.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  7. maxwellp

LTA04770D Truck side kit 03 & Newer 3/4 & 1 Ton Dodge
    PBA04945
    PUSHBEAM ASSY RT3/DODGE,03+ in that kit

Must be some wrong parts
    A RT3 should hook up to it. ???

8. ksmowerman

ksmowerman Junior Member
    from Kansas

You got it, its a PBA04945. So are you saying you think the one I received is different than the one I should have gotten? It came sealed as a complete from boss, ordered from a dealer. I do appreciate all your help!

9. maxwellp

Ok something strange is going on. By the way you have said the hole do not line up something is off or wrong parts in the box, made wrong. There is no Sport Duty Mount for a 2500. The LTA04770D truck side kit should have the PBA04945 Pushbeam in it and should work with your 2012 9'2" DXT. So with seeing, ask the dealer you got it from. Or call BOSS and ask them. Phone: (800) 286-4155
    Email: sales@bossplow.com

It almost sounds like they welded Sport Duty ears on the 2500 Pushbeam. IDK but post what you find out.
    I have never had a Sport Duty. I will see if I can find some measurements on the ears of those.

10. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

Take your push beam off and mock it up to the plow so you can get an accurate figure of what is happening.. I dont see why the plow wouldnt mount up unless its a defective part

11. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

Is some part of the plow frame hitting a part of the bumper preventing the tower from coming all the way up? I had this problem when I did the install on my 15 GMC, I had to notch the bottom of the bumper, and I didn't notch it wide enough initially.
    I know you've got a Dodge, but it's a thought.

12. ksmowerman

ksmowerman Junior Member
    from Kansas

Max- that's what I'm leaning towards, either wrong ears welded on, or wrong part sent all together. Nothing worth causing a uproar about, figured I would come to you guys for help first!

Rammit- I plan on doing exactly that, pulling it off and seeing what's going on with out having to deal with hydro's and the heavy headgear, I will report back.

K17- I appreciate the thoughts, plenty of clearance all around. I can run the headgear clear past the holes, the pins are always above the holes, at least a 1/4"

13. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

I misunderstood, thought the pins were not reaching the holes.

Good luck.

14. captshawn

captshawn Senior Member

Had this same sounding problem with mine when the push beam was mounted to high. Double check and make sure center of pin hole on push beam in 15 1/2 center to ground

15. ksmowerman

ksmowerman Junior Member
    from Kansas

Alright all, for an update, I feel obligated to eat some crow, however I'm full of turkey. I started back at the beginning, double checking everything. The push beam mounts on the plow on its own ( I took it back off) . Weird it was so far mounted to truck but o well. Anyways, the truck is leveled, I had the mount at around 17" (every plow truck I have had has been leveled, and mounted at this hight no problem. Anyways, I dropped it down a hole closer to 16" and mounted right up!. I'm guessing that the angle was steep enough that it was pulling it out of the hooks when I raised the headgear but I couldn't see it. Anyways, we are all good to go, I appreciate everyone's help, and hope my lessons can help others.

16. BossEric

BossEric Member

Seems like either your pushbeam is set to high/low. Or the plow center rubber was set for you old truck and not your new truck. And some of those chevy trucks of those years only set at 14 1/2 if they didn't notch the plastic bumper valance. The new Rams set closer to 15 3/4. Of course there could be a couple other things wrong , but I don't want to flood you with ideas. But before I pulled off the pushbeam , I'd measure the pin holes in the pushbeam if you think Boss sent ,or welded on something wrong. As sport plows and RT3 plows have different size coupler pins , and it will be easily noticeable.

17. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

Glad to hear you got it figured out.. My truck is leveled also and I have to park my plow on 2x4's to get it to click right in.. If not it is hard to get both pins to latch in... The center of my hole is right at 17in

18. ksmowerman

ksmowerman Junior Member
    from Kansas

The only qualm I have with with it being fixed now that I lowered it, is that I can only use the bottom two holes on truck side, and the top two holes on push beam. (Two holes are "showing" below truck brackets. Do you suppose this is alright? Also, for the rear angled brackets, only one hole is available. These are all new problems to me as I have never had to mount one so low (out of 30+/- plow trucks and all three makes, and all leveled!) THOUGHTS? time for some cutting and welding?

19. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

Well boss recommends only 1 hole on the push beam below the truck brackets.. Is that what you had it at earlier? or was it flush? I have mine at 1 hole below and the center of the hole sits at 17... Have a hard time finding that the newer ram with a leveling kit is higher than my older 2500 with a leveling kit...Does your wheel gap look similar? My front sits just as high as the rear with the plow off and Those are 33's also.

[​IMG]

20. ksmowerman

ksmowerman Junior Member
    from Kansas

Originally I was at 1 hole down, now I am at 2 holes down. Currently shown with 35" s and plow sitting on ground

IMG_20151126_195454.jpg