1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mount bottoming out on driveways

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Skullkicker, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Skullkicker

Skullkicker Junior Member

Hello, I just had a Blizzard 8000lt Installed on a 2003 Gmc Sierra 1500 a few weeks ago. I added 360 pounds of sand against my tailgate. I havent had a chance to plow with it yet but when Im driving around quoting jobs the mount is bottoming out when entering and leaving some driveways. Whats the best/easiest way to fix this? Just add more sand? Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

you don't have to quote jobs with the plow on but you could try turning up the torsion bars
  3. Skullkicker

Just getting used to driving with it on there now rather than in a blizzard. Thanks for the advice, ill give it a try.
  4. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

also the ballast should equal the weight of the plow as a general rule of thumb. not sure what your plow weighs but it could probably use a little more
  5. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

MIght need to add a ride leveling kit. If the truck sags a lot under when the plow is raised, then a set of ride controls like Timbrens would work. If the truck just sits too low, then add a leveling kit (spacers in the coil springs).
  6. Skullkicker

I think the plow weighs 475lbs so maybe another 120lbs of sand would do the job. Thanks again for the help!

Thanks, Ill try that if the extra sand doesnt do the job.
  7. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Look at the truck side mount and see if they used the short or long drop brackets or none at all. Long, change to short, short take em out, none lift the front of the truck.
  8. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

Thats the only problem i had with my Z-71's They just sit low.. Im not familier with blizzard plows but i know with boss you can actually raise or lower the undercarriage. Might be something to look into if you dont actually min your truck sagging a little.