1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mount and truck size questions

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by rscritch, Nov 15, 2011.

1. rscritch

rscritch Junior Member

Im looking at getting a 8611-PP plow, I found a pretty good deal and just need to decide what to do with it. my first question is are the mounts for a ford f-550 the same mounts as for a f-250 are they the same for a f-450? if on the same year for exaple if they are all 1999's?
    My next question is can I put a plow this large of a plow on my f-250? Woudl I need to beef up the springs on the front end? I know its alot of plow for that truck but can you do it? I more than likely wont be using the extentions much except for cleaning. so id be useing it more as a real heavy straight blade
    If not is it worth it to put it on a 2 wheel drive F-450

any thoughts or suggestions would be great!!!
  2. rscritch

rscritch Junior Member

after spending about 8 hours on here last night I have anwsered most of my questions as to if I should put that plow on a 250 and what its like to put a plow on a 2 wheel drive dump. The only thing I wasnt able to find was if the mounts are the same from a 550 to a 250

any one know if they are?
  3. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

same mount from 99 to 2007 make sure it is a four bolt side plates for that size plow
  4. damian

damian Senior Member

dont do it to an f250,way to heavy.
  5. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

Definitely waaaaaaay too heavy.
  6. gbtl

gbtl Member

get the low profile one for an f250