1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Motorola 2 Way Radios (900mhz)

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by crossboneracing, Jan 14, 2012.

1. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

4 Motorola Maxtrac 900mhz two way mobile radios. Complete with mics. They are the multi channel models and I believe 25 watts ($75 each). Also have a motorola maxtrac base station w. power supply and desk mic. Same radio as above but plugs into wall ($125). Finally I have 2 walkie talkies, they are motorola mtx 9000. Same frequencies I believe. Comes w. chargers, and 1 cigarette lighter adapter ($50 each). The walkie talkies could use some new antennas and not sure about how well the batteries charge, I dont have the time to mess with them. Asking $450 for everything. Need these cleared out. Would prefer to sell the whole set.

2. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

What kind of range can you get with these radios?

kevlars

3. crossboneracing

To be 100% honest I really have no idea. I havent tried them out. I have no way to test them as I have no antennas. We run 2 ways in our trucks but a different frequency. I would assume they are about the same as any other 25 watt radio. I got them from a construction company at an auction and was going to use them in our trucks but went with a different brand of radios.

4. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

What range do you get with the ones you use now?

Kevlars

5. crossboneracing

Depends on the terrain. We cover 3 small towns in my area and we are usually able to talk with eachother without a problem. I would say about 10-15 miles? We really dont go outside that area. If you need even further coverage you can always set up a repeater or rent one from a local radio dealer

6. pabaker66

pabaker66 Senior Member

We are runningthe sme in our plow trucks now. We get minimum 10 miles without repeater in the valleys. Out of the valley we get about 15-18 mile coverage unless the snow is coming down heavy. That is a great price for these I wish i needed more.

7. crossboneracing

Bump it up. Here are some pics of the units. Some are a little dusty from sitting around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. crossboneracing

I have all the mics for the radios and some brackets. Also have 3 chargers for the walkies. Make an offer, want to get these out of my office.

9. crossboneracing

We have decided to keep the walkie talkies for ourselves. Take all 4 mobiles for $225. Base and mobiles for $325 plus shipping. Can take paypal. Make an offer.....

10. MtnClimber

MtnClimber Member

Do you need a license thru FCC to operate these?

11. crossboneracing

"Legally" Yes.

12. crossboneracing

Bump......Make an offer, they gotta go!

13. slc12345

slc12345 Member
    from CT

I am intrested in the desk unit. Would like to know what you did for the antenna? We have yje same units in all of our trucks.

14. crossboneracing

Base unit $125 plus shipping. I never had them hooked up I bought them at an auction. I never had an antenna for it.