1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

motorcraft batteries

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Jay brown, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

some usless information...i was cleaning battery terminals tonight and i notice that the batteries in the 97 are original. that seems to be quite awhile for batteries to last. who knows maybe they'll go 12-15 years.
  2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Not a Motorcraft battery, but my grandfather is only on his second battery in his '87 Chevy. I guess they can run that long. I wish I could get one to last past 4 years!
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

My Windstar has had the same battery since 2000. It's almost 8 years old with the manufacturer date.
  4. spittincobra01

spittincobra01 Senior Member

it all depends on the battery, conditions it has been used in, proper fluid level/monitoring (most people don't do this but even a maintenance free batt you should still monitor) etc. The battery in my wife's 01 F150 supercrew 5.4, 4x4 (built in 9/00) is still going strong... and she has left the lights on more than once and killed it. It is the only battery I have ever had that has lasted more than 4 years other than an optima
  5. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

Deka batteries

i swear by these they last forever
  6. CAG80

CAG80 Member
    from ct

i have a 89 f350 pickup 108,000 miles on it and i changed the org battery 3 years ago just for the heck of it.. i swear the old batt cranks the truck better than this new one..
  7. doh

doh Senior Member

I'll never buy another Delco, since they went from blue/white to black, they suck. terminals fall out in a year. I am running a Walmart Everyready now and it seems good, second winter and no dual batteries.