1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
  1. westernboy16

westernboy16 Senior Member

i was looking at the boss 9.2 or a 8.2 vee plow and it was not recomended for a diesel so i was wondering if i should go with the ford 350 srw with 6.8 v10 or if the 7.3 diesel would work

Last edited: Dec 18, 2005
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Was this an F350? Extended, Crew or Regular cab? Plow recommendations are based on weight of the front end with a load of the number of passengers that the truck is designed for. The other thing to think about if there will be any warranty issues. If it's a 350 and out of warranty, I'd wouldn't let the recommendation stop me, if you can get someone to put it on the truck. But, yes, the deisel engine will be heavier than the gas.

3. westernboy16

westernboy16 Senior Member

it is a super cab with 8ft box

4. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Ooh, that's a big one! If buying new, I'd be reluctant to buy a truck with an extended cab and an 8' bed but only a gas motor. I have owned the 6.8L V10 in an 01 Supercab 8' Bed and yeah, the motor is nice, but it absolutely rapes you on gas and you will more than likely regret not getting the Diesel.

5. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

WB16-- if you do get the diesel--you may want to put helper springs in--i.e. a leveling kit or lift kit. The diesel has the extra wieght on the front end already, then with the blade hanging off it, the front will sit a little low. Best of luck!