1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

motor swap

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by nort70, Jul 28, 2002.

1. nort70

nort70 Junior Member
    from ohio

I am swapping a 350 inplace of a 250 in my 1981 1/2 ton chevy 4 wheel drive .I cant seem to get the motor mounts to line up .The motor is out of a 1973 monte carlo .the passenger side lines up perfect .But the drivers side is off by about 2 inches ,have tried the pry bar and alot of sweat .I looked at a couple of 4 whell drives today and i noticed a spacer plate between the solid mount on the engine and the block .Is this all that i will need or is there something else i need to rplace .I have asked a few people if the engine plates are different ,the piece that is attached to the frame .Or do the truck motors have different solid mounts than car engines ?.Hope to get her back on the road soon ,any input would be greatly appreciated .thanks
    brian

2. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

Most frames from Chevy have more than one set of holes for the mount.

3. staley52

staley52 Member
    from Iowa

the metal mount on the engine 2wd and 4wd are different by about 3/4" each car to 2wd truck are same