1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Motor spins but no plow movement...could be air bubble?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dlitten, Feb 11, 2007.

1. dlitten

dlitten Junior Member

Hi folks. I had this symptom today where the motor would spin, but no plow movement. Just prior to that I had noticed I was low on fluid, so I topped it off. I let the truck sit for a while while I searched the Fisher website. Went back out and re-plugged all the connections and solenoid connections. I cycled through all of the joystick positions and it finally started moving again.

Could this have been an air bubble? I'm just wondering if I need to take apart reservoir and look for plugging or disconnected pick-up?

Dave.

2. bdavis

bdavis Member

sounds like your pickup tube came loose

3. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

could have been froze up, we've had a lot of cold weather and they will freeze up. If it was the common fallen pickup tube problem it wouldn't have fixed itself. Might be a good idea to drain the fluid, pull the resevoir and replace the suction filter, I've replaced a couple of mine this year, some preventive, one was really slimed up. That would make it starve for oil as well. What worries me is I've only seen slimed up filters with plows running that newer blue fluid. Never saw that problem before.