1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

motor skip

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by vmj, Dec 9, 2011.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

i have a 01 f350 gas v-10 running like crap i changed plugs but think i has a bad injector. How do i find it if it is a bad injector?? Thanks

2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

My 2006 f350 5.4l was running real rough when I punched it to go up long hills, for example. It was skipping and the check engine light was flashing ( but not a regular flash). Asked my mechanic to chsnge the plugs (only 55,000 miles). He told me that it was probably the ethanol in the gas causing the problem, so he dumped in a can of injector fluid into the gas tank. That worked; runs fine now. Plan to keep putting that cleaner in on a regular basis.

3. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I scand it and it came up with no codes... I changed the plugs and gas filter, and also put in cleaner... still running like crap...

4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Well could you explain what KIND it running?

We don't know since you say it crap. What it mean ?????

Does it sound like miss at rpm vary?

Most time it bad coil.

5. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Not running good sounds like a skip..

6. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

For the fuel injector cleaner, I ran thru a few tanks of gas before the engine ran better. The cleaner that the mechanic put in was one that he said you can't buy at retail, so it must have been super concentrated or something. I bought some more cleaner at NAPA to put in the second tank of gas myself. Have you given it time to work?

7. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

no not really.....

8. DCS MN

DCS MN Senior Member

Coil packs on spark plugs?

9. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

Most common cause of misfires on Fords... Wont always set a code unless you have been driving it that way for a long time. Have to go into Mode 6 test 53 in Generic to read misfires....

10. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

I had the same problem on my 99 F450 V10 and after wasting alot of time and money on chasing down the culprit injector/coil pack i bought a set of 10 after market coil packs on Ebay for $120 - problem solved.