1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Motor runs on, on western wide out

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Gordo, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Gordo

Gordo Junior Member

Hi Guys need some help,
    I have a western 8-10 wide out plow that recently I blow a hose replaced it and put in Dexton III trany oil (that all I had). Now the motor runs on after I touch the control pad any advice?
  2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I know it's Sunday so you can't do much today but you might drop by a shop and have them look at it tomorrow. It could be a number of things causing the problem.
  3. LON

LON Senior Member

bad solenoid?
  4. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Its your motor relay. its under the plastic cover on the pump. mine went out last year its kind of a pain to change
  5. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

These plows are to new to be having problems
  6. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

The new relays are different. Can't remember what the dealer said exactly but it should take care of the proven for along time
  7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Change the solenoid and dump all the plow oil. That is the wrong oil for that plow, it's too thick. Plow oil is cheap, you should have it in the truck.
  8. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Oh hell i missed the oil part. Yes definitely get that oil out of there and put in the correct oil
  9. Gordo

Gordo Junior Member

You guys are great it was the oil dumped yesterday and no run on thanks guys your the best.
    Buy the way have enough oil for 3 plows now lol