1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Motor running....wont stop

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by 600rrpilot, Jan 6, 2011.

1. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

Checked my manual and it says to test the solenoid. I will do so after work but this thing is now 6 years old so I want to change it anyway. Problem is, I cant get one from curtis or a dealer in time for tomorrows storm so before I head to the auto parts store I was wondering if anyone knew what part number I needed. I have the curtis pn and the "white Rodgers" part number off the side of my current solenoid, but I cant find a cross reference for either.

These are the numbers I have. Does anyone know where I can find one of these? Autozone? Napa?

Curtis Part Number - 1TBP61A
    White Rodgers Part Number - 120-105212-2, Coil- 12V DC Cont., MADE IN MEXICO!?, 0514

Thanks in advance!!! Hoping this cures it. If not I'll be chasing down frayed wires Im assuming? Any other first hand experience or ideas?
  2. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

Napa should have them...any selonoid of the same size should do the trick, it doesn't have to be a Curtis part
  3. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

yup i got one from napa but it has two small poles along with the two large ones. the original has only 1 small pole. so I hope it still works. its a S.A.M. part (snowplow aftermarket manufacturing) part number 1306310. the napa guy says they sell tons of them and that it should work fine. we shall see!
  4. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

anyone know if that will work? the suspense sitting here at my desk is killing me!
  5. jonnywong

jonnywong Member

It will work fine for you, i just put a NAPA one in last week. Make sure its properly grounded through one of the smaller poles and you should be good.
  6. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

It will work just fine. The second small pole is for a bypass to the ignition while starting. It should be marked with an " I " and I would imagine would have no resistance to the switched high amp side as well. The unit is grounded thru the metal mounting plate on the back of the unit.