1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Motor/resevoir coming off mount

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by iceyman, Feb 26, 2015.

1. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

I have a new 8' hd blizzard. The last 2 storms ive had the whole motor, tank, and pump come off the mount. The first time i hit a manhole hard but not extremely hard. Well couple hours later the plow stops responding and i take off the cover to see wires cut and fuses blown. Got that fixed and next storm it happened again. This time we had a layer of ice down under the snow and it was te least out plows tripped all year. Well somehow it gets loose off the mount and more wires get cut. Somehow the wiring harnesses went bad and my 3 month old plow needs 550$ worth of parts /labor. Really will be upset if not covered by warrantee. I have 2 other trucks on the same route as me and they have been fine all year. Was really happy with the blizzard until the last 2 storms. Sucks when my 8 year old meyer works like new and my new plow cant make it through a storm.

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Anybody else have this problem?

3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

on my pre dd 810 the bolts would loosen up on the pump and it would come partially off mounts.The front pivot mount fatigued and broke off.Probably has no correlation to your problems but shows that you have to tighten/locktight all bolts. It figures by the time you notice its to late:angry:

4. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

They come loose a lot that being said you usually get some prior notice before the power pack is flopping around, by noticing that blade commands don't perfectly execute, the solenoid grounds all hook up on those bolts and when they come loose things slowly start not working as they should

5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Post a pic of the base mount on the pump side. I would stud those and use green loctite and then use nyloc nuts to hold the other side. Sounds like you may have an issue with the thread side of the motor mount area that is why I am asking you post a pic.
    T.J.

6. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Problem with that is if blow a hose and need to flip the motor up to undo a hose you will need to remove the studs which wouldn't be easy I've used a longer bolt with more threads and a nut on it tighten the bolt until it bottoms out in the valve body then tighten the nut to lock it down