1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

motor removal

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by leigh, Nov 14, 2012.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

How do you remove the motor from pump manifold on a mm2.I searched and I'm stumped!

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

3. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

I can see it already-
    Next question,
    How do you tap the broken bolts out of the manifold block?

4. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

The two long bolts came right out no problem.Saw all these diagrams when i searched but I'm not sure if they are all that hold motor in place? Do these things get stuck? Do you have to tap motor with rubber mallet to loosen? Thanks

5. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

Yes carefully give the motor a little tap to loosen from the manifold. Do not remove the cover without the armature unless you want to fight to get the brushes back in place.(no problem if you are replacing entire motor).
    I destroyed a manifold once, it was not pretty. School of hard knocks will give you a great education.
    Now that i think about it, I'm probibally not the best one to give any advice on this subject.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012