1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

motor on hiniker failed? chicago subs

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by stevie b, Jan 17, 2009.

1. stevie b

stevie b Junior Member

blade wont go up and c-blade flip"d down.temp drop"d to below zero.ck"d all all connections and no hydralic leaks motor has no noise at all.... please help steve 630-863-8733

2. Snow2Go

Snow2Go Senior Member
    from Chi

Steve, its most likely time for a fluid change and a warm up. Im sure the fluid is dirty and broke down causing it to not do anyting along with our great weather. Im on the southside and mine sat outside was slow at first but got it working. Let it sit in a warm garage over night.

Does the solinoid click? If not your noids bad. If so most likely the weather.

3. jer79

jer79 Junior Member

if you have no noise from the motor i'd say the motor or solenoid did you put your plow in the pull position or did it just all the sudden drop? sounds like it just dropped, then you lost pressure in your hydraulics somewhere.? you probably could test the solenoid with a jumper wire also. as far as fluid even if it is cold out it should work, when we finished last tuesday morning there was ice fog in the air and about -27. we all use hiniker cold flow fluid and never have problems,at the most it will be a little slow after driving from one place to another but it should work normal after a minute or two.

4. 02f250superduty

02f250superduty Member

check the solenoid they are interchangable. Do any of you guys notice voltage drop when putting the plow in pull position? Mine drops from 13.5 vdc down to 10.5 and sometimes lower. Any suggestions would be appreciated.